- This event has passed.
Drought Challenges in the Vineyard
June 3, 2021 @ 10:00 am – 12:00 pm
Learn about our current water situation, the effects of drought in the vineyard, and what you can do to mitigate the impacts of a water shortage. Industry experts spoke on various strategies to help your vineyard produce quality grapes during our current water shortage. Presenters included: Mendocino County Supervisor Glenn McGourty (retired Mendocino County UC Extension Ag Advisor), Mark Battany from UC Extension San Luis Obispo, Andy Walker from UC Davis, Dan Rinke from Art+Science Cider+Wine, and Ryan Hills from Fruition Science.
- Current state of water in Mendocino County
- Relationship between winter rainfall amount and how much irrigation is needed
- Water consumption by cover crops
- Strategies for irrigating with limited water
- Sap flow sensors – how they can be used to save water
- Future vineyard development and water usage
- Innovative products for water conservation and retention
- Monitoring plant nutrition and drought stress microbes
Additional Information can be found on our Grower Resources page